List of Buildings in Hong Kong and its relevant information

A. Cheung根據公開資料要求屋宇署披露資料

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was partially successful.

Dear Buildings Department,

I am writing to request a list of buildings in Hong Kong and its relevant information (number of storeys, basements and units).
I am aware that a similar database exists at, but I was unable to download the entire database.

May I ask if it is possible to provide the information in a CSV format, with the following columns whenever possible?
1. Building ID (1108244086 - Hong Kong Pacific Centre, 亞太中心)
2. Number of Storeys (in this case, 18)
3. Number of Basements (in this case, 0)
4. Number of Units (in this case, 254)

If including the Building ID is not possible, it can be replaced by the name of the building, or its address.
Thank you very much.

Yours faithfully,
A. Cheung

This message is to acknowledge receipt of your e-mail message.
Your request is being processed and a reply will be sent to you as soon as
(The above is generated by an auto-reply programme)
Buildings Department

Dear A. Cheung,
 List of Buildings in Hong Kong and its relevant information

        Thank you for your application dated 30 April 2021 seeking Access
to Information relating to the captioned.

Pursuant to the powers under the Buildings Ordinance (BO), the Buildings
Department (BD) is responsible for the enforcement of the safety and
health standards for the planning, design and construction of buildings
and associated works on private land.  The BO aims to provide for the
planning, design and construction of buildings and associated works by
setting therein the structural and fire safety and health standards.

I refer to your link
in your preceding email which is under the purview of Home Affairs
Department, you shall consult Home Affairs Department directly.

For your information, our Department’s Building Information Centre
provides inspection and copying service of building / minor works records
and occupation permits for all private buildings.  However, the Centre
does not keep records on pre-war buildings, exempted houses in the New
Territories and previous Housing Authority buildings sold or disposed of
to the private sector such as home ownership scheme buildings, tenants
purchase scheme buildings and Link Properties. You may wish to refer to
our BIC webpage at
for details.

For any queries, please contact our Mr. Jason SEE – Building Surveyor/
Technical Services 2 via email at [Buildings Department request email].

Buildings Department